17 Years of Coaching Services with Hundreds of Positive Reviews - Here are Just a Few………………
- Season of a lifetime…....M. S.
- Yo! Rounded mtk. Holy s--t dude. Blew up big about 15 miles from point. 8’ or so. Fishing advice is great but dude, getting that one text saying coming in earlier and get going is worth everything you charge and more. Woulda been a really sh---y go if had to cut through more than the 30 minutes of that stuff. Great stuff, thank you brother! (Or maybe thNks mom, safe now!)............Thanks Adam! And jimmy!
- Love ALL the new additions to the service! Keeps getting better!!....Todd C.
- Everyone here is happy and tired.....blood on the deck for trip #1...Thanks...Bill B.
- Member for life – thank you for putting me and my son into fish on virtually every trip…..F. R.
- Great trip today to the poormans and my son finally got some tuna on our boat.. Adam was in contact the entire time and told me to stay shallow and it paid off.. multiple quads and triples. Landed every fish but the shark took one.. thanks capt adam for all the coaching..Scott C.
- U da man..came half way back like u said and hit a triple...worth every penny...Dave D.
- Bites were at 350-450 ft- got covered in skippys twice but got 3 YFT in the boat and lost 2 that snapped off. Was just 2 of us. Nice day and many thanks Adam... Gene A.
- If I hadn't joined you guys then I would never have known how they did last night and today. That alone saved wasted fuel $ that paid for the membership.....David M.
- We did well both trips.....Awesome day......Thanks for all the great coaching!!....Red R.
- Have a little bit money coming our way if the fish stands....got our limit and in the money...appreciate the help this past week.....Nick K.
- Thanks for the intel and support...Had a great day thanks to u....Todd G.
- Greg T. - Membership paid off yesterday as we planned our trip to leave Friday afternoon headed “somewhere” between Dip and Buoys. We were waiting for intel to arrive and see final SAT shots before we committed. While we were fueling in Montauk, Adam gave me the final word. We were headed 20 miles south of Dip in search of the draggers. went 9/11 on nice size YF and about a dozen mahi on the pots. Was a great trip for us and we didn’t have to run 130 miles to do it. I suspect that member intel came from Nick Z after reading his report below considering the timing, and that’s what made it happen. I think that’s a huge benefit here that members are streaming intel up to Adam and he can send it back out in real time. Everyone will be talking about the draggers on Monday. We were there on Saturday. Thanks guys! The best season we’ve had since starting to run offshore a decade ago….R. C.
- Learned more in 2 months in the Membership than I did in the last 5 years fishing offshore…..D. W.
- Fished all day without a bite until reached out to CR and they put me on the meat within the hour and saved the trip – not once or twice but no less than 3 separate times last year……….T. P.
- Hi Adam, yes, my son Justin and I did great, 2- 60lb yellows. Had to stick it out till late morning when the fleet thinned out, then got much better. I think my son texted you yesterday from Tuna Ridge. Thank you for all your help and guidance. Have a great Sunday, Best, Jeff B.
- Out-fished all the other boats in our marina on virtually every trip….in only our third year fishing the canyons….S. L.
The dockside seminar was a great opportunity for an open dialogue with Mark and Deane. We were able to learn detailed information down to preferred crimp selection. We participated in hands-on bait rigging including split-bill ballyhoo...Mike K.
Many thanks to the Capt’s and crew for job well done at the Member's Only Dockside Seminar.....Frank H.
Dockside Seminar was great… Decabia and Dean are a wealth of knowledge so it’s great to be able to have that time with them in a small setting where you can ask a ton of questions throughout. One of the benefits I didn’t expect that I’m pumped about is that I got to meet other members who fish out of Montauk. Met Mike K. for example and we’re already talking about going out as buddy boats to Veatch or wherever soon.............Alex M.
Hey yeah just got back actually. Great trip, fun time w my two boys..Nice 80lb yellowfin on the troll yesterday morning, 2 90lb big eyes on the popper this morning super early at dawn (they were everywhere), two smallish white marlin randomly on the troll yesterday afternoon, and a bunch of nice size mahi mostly on the troll around grass. All at the weather buoys you gave me, between the two and then the one east. Was our first overnighter so fun. Weather was dialed in.Your guidance has been amazing!! Best – Tony F.
- Love how focused you folks are in inshore and mid-shore tuna – didn’t realize how much of that fishing you and all the Members do……….R.A.
- Steve L. - Finally got out on my first trip to the Hudson Canyon this year! … Picked up a ton of Mahi on the pots. …… (It was my first time sword fishing after I watched that sword seminar) Around 11 pm the 300 ft rod went off! Man he wrapped us up pretty good. We cut the lines gave him room and watched him circle in the blue lights. It was Awesome! I hit him with my first Haroon I ever threw that I bought this year and lights out!! He was full of whole butter fish and just one Squid. He was 58 inches over 100 lbs…..Thank ‘s Adam and Dean again for all the help and info guys provided us.
- Excellent!! Thanks Adam. I learned quite a lot (at the dockside seminar)!.....Daniel W.
- Being able to track in real time one of the top charter boats out of Ocean City, MD is invaluable…K. M.
- T.M. - This is what it is all about!!! Ran out yesterday for a long ass run after talking with Adam the night before about 15 miles northeast of the Coimbra to the draggers. Got their about 7:30 and setup on first drift behind where there three draggers were crisscrossing and in first 30 minutes we were tight on an 70 lb class yellowfin. After maybe 2 hours more of setting drifts I received a text from Adam with two sets of numbers to try. The second set was set from Capt Jimmy of the Canyon Runner/Member Reports. I told my buddy bring ‘em up we are making the run east. The run was about 22 miles from where I was. Upon arrival I was the only boat working the northern draggers and it was game on! I started on the farthest north dragger all by myself and as soon as our chunks hit the water over 30 tuna came bum rushing out like mad men. We WERE DOUBLED UP INSTANTLY! We did have few sharks cause headache for us but their were so many tuna it didn’t make a difference! We kept our 6 fish and had over 13 for the day! This is what this service is about! Me and Adam go back and forth all time when I am on the water and I tip my hat to Adam and Capt Jimmy and his Canyon Runner team! Without that text I do not know how we would have finished but I do know one thing we would not have been hand feeding tuna by ourselves for two and half hours! Thanks Adam ! You made the day!
- Saved three times the cost of the service in fuel burn by running to the bite instead of searching all day long……J. P.
- Greg T. – “Passing Montauk. Thanks again! Great trip………..Could have stayed there catching more but we were stocked with all we needed. Great trip. Thanks again for the numbers!!!”
- Don’t understand how the Canyon Runner Team is available 24/7 to respond to calls, emails, text to answer any question I have….E. K.
- Jamie W. – “Tied up at 7pm – thanks for checking in – had YFT mahi and tile. Great chatting with you on the Inreach. Thank you!”
- Never felt more comfortable offshore in the last 8 years knowing that the Canyon Runner captains and crew were there on the other end of the line if we had and problems, questions or concerns…..E. D.
- First year fishing offshore for tuna and out fished my brother who’s been tuna fishing for the last 5 years….C. L.
- Caught 3 times as many fish in our first year in the Service than in any previous season ever…..C. K.
- Your ability to read and predict the weather plus give us real time condition reports is worth the cost of the service in itself……A. T.
- Having one of the Canyon Runner Captains fish on our boat last week was the greatest learning experience we’ve ever had……..G. L.
- “We got a small yellow in the boat. My first tuna as a Captain. Thanks for putting us in the spot Adam!!” Thank…John R.
Alex M. – “Great fishing at your numbers – thank you Adam! 8 chunky yellows to 90 lbs”
Jon P. - Staying in touch with Adam saved our trip last week too. Nice work Thanks
David G. - Was back and forth with Deane on Tuesday about where to go and weather. I was set on Hudson for Bigeye and Swords. Deane suggested the dragger bite which I had never done. Walked me through it and off we went. Set up as instructed and in 5 minutes, game on. Nonstop action till 1pm when we were too exhausted to fish anymore and wanted to beat the s winds back. This trip should be the case study of how valuable and important the CR relationship is. Deane and Adams guidance on a regular basis is always helpful, insightful and informative. This trip however, sums up the range of their skillset. This was a 100mile run with running and gunning potential. Deane helped me calculate range, weather variables, locations, options, techniques, bait volume, rigging guidelines for proper chunking and more. This prep captured every aspect of the trip from safety to leader material. Components from 10 different seminars and steady communication throughout the trip came into play. Missing any 1 of those components would have been noticeable. Moreover, the cumulative affect of all the guidance, information and training made this trip prep possible in such a short amount of time. It all made sense. The day was perfect and I never appreciated my CR support team more. Thank you Adam and Deane
Jon P. - Huge thanks to Adam for staying in touch with me and putting us on them it wouldn't have materialized without that info. Sometimes the best trips are the unplanned ones where it all just comes together. We were all alone and catching and it felt wonderful!!!!
Dave W. - Ended up with three yellowfin and two mahi it was a good trip. Not bad for an inexperienced crew - well worth the ride thank you for your help. Plenty of meat in the cooler
Scott C. - Took the ……. up to shark river and ran out to the Hudson, with a lot of persuasion from Adam from Canyon Runner..Was rougher than expected but once we got to the spot 90 miles we found the fleet and got nice yellow on the jig.. from our jig master. All in all it was a good long day and we finally were fishing where the fish were thanks to Adam and the Ccanyon Runner Services
Chris F. - One of our crew had a chance to fish on their friends boat Monday. Report. Headed to hudson with a friend who is new to tuna. Got to hudson 430am. Found 2 draggers, not moving. Saw one a few miles away tons of birds. No fish on it. Got text from Adam with #'s. (Thank you sir). Lines in immediate hook up. We kept popping fish off. Owner 5/0 circle hooks kept getting gut hooked. I reached for bigger hooks, we only had 5/0s. We got 3 nice ones and popped off more than I care to admit. Lesson learned. New tackle bag coming strictly for fishing on buddy boats. Frustrating but still a great day.
- Never would have gone offshore this much if not for the comfort level we felt from all the input and education received as part of the membership……J. J.
Mike V. - My buddy and I took advantage of two open spots on the 36-hour tutorial trip on the Canyon Runner. We headed out towards the Hudson and found a dragger enroute. Stopped at that and we instantly hooked up. We caught our limit of yellowfin in less than two hours. We had the tuna handfeeding behind the boat. Next, we pushed on and loaded up on some nice tilefish. Done with that we got on the troll right before sunset in hopes of a bigeye. No bigeye but multiple hookups on large longfin and a really night white marlin. With enough tuna in the boat, we decided the night plan should be strictly to focus on swordfish. With multiple knockdown we got two swords to the boat. At this point (only 10:30 pm) and no ice or cooler space left we decided to cut the trip short and head back into the dock. The crew was spot on. If anyone has thought about doing one of these tutorials trips its worth every penny. I have done two of them now and the crew dumps a wealth of knowledge on you and lets you ask a ridiculous amount of questions. Dave and Pete (the other two canyon members) were a blast to fish with. We all went home sore, tired, and happy.
Jon P. - Hey Adam got back today caught three nice yellowfin had a giant yellow fin on he blasting towards the back of the boat the other kid couldn’t tighten it up in time cut the line on the motor I was sick over it then we caught 10 mahi overnight overall it was a good trip - Thank you again for your knowledge I’ve learned so much from you this year I really appreciate it brother
Kevin J. - Like many posts so far, we had a killer trip Fri into Sat. Started off with a little help from Adam to dial us into the bite around 12:30pm - first fish in about 10min on popper and never looked back. Worked some smaller fish mixed in with some 75lb class yellows until late afternoon before it slowed a bit. Got hot again around 9pm and then it was non stop doubles and triples with anything you could put out. After playing catch and release for while we moved to warmer side and setup for swords. Got one in no time. Made our way back and slammed bigger yellows and a bigeye before calling it quits. We kept our limit and had quality sized fish to take home. Released many many more. Awesome trip - thx Adam and the CR team.
Marc G. - I fish with a bunch of crews but two Canyon Runner members that I fish with before we go, we all talk about options and go over weather and intel but we cherish your recommendations.
Excellent seminar - I learned so much. Craig W.
- Adam, great review of RipCharts! Tks Ben D.
- The service is great for teaching and coaching.....thanks for putting up with me and hope we have a great season down hear this year... Scott C.
- Great last video man. Really well done and informative. Thank you. Kevin N.
- That was a very interesting session on how to use Rip Charts , and about the Eddies in place at the moment. Dan L.
Adam/Dean - Really a great session. Even though I’ve heard you discuss this for multiple years I always pick up something. (This one was probably your best on the topic) - Stephan K.
Deane and Adam - Thank you for the advice, consulting, knowledge, and crew placement. I get some much value from the membership… Mike.K.
- Thanks, membership has been great value so far with all of the information, seminars, etc. Cant wait for the season to get going....Hank B.
Another great seminar Adam! Craig W.
Thanks again for the opportunity to attend last night. Everyone from my crew took something away from last night. I personally liked the small setting and opportunity to ask questions............... In general most fishing is the same but I think by having speakers from a more localized area that gives attendees a better chance to ask area specific questions. Once again always a great time and very informative. Thanks Bryan J.
- Hey Adam glad we went. Very informative , I'm really glad we decided to get in with you guys I can see where being apart of the network of people will be very advantageous in many ways......Leo K.
Hi Adam and Deane, Last night’s Annapolis seminar (and dinner with 2 drinks) was fantastic!!! Great info and conversation from all of you. Having Sean, Mark and Chris there helped me feel like we were developing a connection to our local experts and that is exciting. I also met another member from Sunset Marina and that’s good. There are at least 3 of us from Sunset Marina in addition to Mark Hoos so I think our network is getting some traction.....Gary H.
Very nice event....Lots of information shared...Thanks Lee H.
Got it Adam...Much appreciated! This service is really something!.........Jeff G.
I thought it was great - super interactive, good flow of material up and down, good structure with one thing leading to the next. Hands on stuff was all great, seeing and feeling the knots, tackle, rods/reels, etc. I asked a bunch of questions so I think the group of mixed guys got to benefit from what everyone else was curious and asking about. Aside from getting out there and fishing not much could be improved - good that Dean has a bunch of videos that can be referenced to reinforce what we were talking about..........You guys nailed it, really glad I was able to attend. Best, Chris C.
- I don’t really have any constructive feedback on things to change because I got so much out of it. Thanks....Mike P.
Hey Adam. A little feedback on the Zoom call…I think you nailed it on the content.. weather is top of mind for all of us this time of year, and well done getting the message across. The supplementary content was good as well, rigging bally, etc was informative.. you have the “Groove” on this one.......Rob D.
I want to thank you for the help with yesterday’s trip. It was one of the best trips we have had in years. Your InReach info with the tuna bite W wall of Baltimore was huge. Didn’t get a bite at first light near Poormans and wasn’t marking much. The move up to the Baltimore 400-600’ paid off, catching 9 totaling 400#. We left mid day, not needing any more tuna and picked up 9 blue lines on the way in. Again, really appreciate the help with strategy on weather and location on the trip!!...........Bert M.
- Ended up with those 6 and went back home early - thanks for the help!...Nick K.
- We came home with 14 yellowfin...we headed exactly where you told us. Thanks again...Jack O.
- Heading for the barn, 5 tuna and a bull mahi,,,,,thank you and I am glad I signed up for this service..........Gene A.
- Thank you. We followed all your coaching and learned a lot.......JJ
- I listened to each of the Strategy calls, a few times, and pick up something new each time. Great addition. Very information......David M.
- Learning the weather as part of this service is a hidden gem/value...make sure you market more of that to future clients as invaluable....Gene A.
All washed up and headed home to cut some fish......thank you for the help I was wavering last night because of the short window and I'm thankful that you reminded me it wasn't that hard. We did 324 miles today, which is my longest day trip by about 80 miles...Frank L.
- Learnt a lot this tripo. Thank you for the help. Never would have put time in in 62 degree green water - (if not for you) - caught 21 yellowfin in the cold water.....Jon G.
Adam, I just listened to the strategy call from last night. Thanks so much. I’ve listened to 3 of them this year so far. You, Deane and Mark are very good teachers/advisors. I feel like I’m learning a ton and that makes me more confident that I’ll find fish during my trips. And more confident that I’ll anticipate nasty weather before I get stuck in it......Gary H.
Heading home all good short trip 2 fish in the boat pulled hook on a giant found the life away from the fleet and worked out well thanks for the intel!! - Jamie W.
- Another 3 yellowfin and heading for home. Thanks a ton for the tip that was a trip saver!!....Ross C.
Good morning we couldn’t be better stellar fishing day yesterday all the advice is very appreciated 🤙.......Dave C.
- Thank you for putting us on the fish once again....Dave Z.
- Just wanted to say thank you for all your help today awesome trip...Kenny
- Thanks for the talk last night and the help. Got the old man on his first tuna today.....Nick K.
We've done what you've been asking me to do since last year all day today and it's paying off.....John B.
- Good day. Thanks for the hot spot....James S.
- Thanks for the GPS numbers - loaded up back in and tied up.....Larry D.
- Nice day...Got to your numbers from yesterday and worked away from fleet. Thanks for all your help. Great tips as always!.........John P.
- your last inreach message to me about the jig bite and numbers was perfect because we were right there. Marked fish but couldn't get them to bite until you told us jig.....Tri K.
Appreciate these daily updates......and your emphasis on being careful with bad weather. Very helpful and worth it.......Kevin J.
Monkey off my back! And yes, fog was terrible! Numbers you gave spot on!!!...Kevin G.
- Thanks Adam. Pounding the same spot as you preach was the big key today.......Jon R.
- Great day. Thanks as always for the help..........Nick L.
- Packing up and heading for OCMD,,,,,,thanks so much for all your coaching,,,,,,will text when I hit the OCMD inlet........Gene A.
- Thanks for the advice.....great experiece and learning. Learned first to listen to you. But learned how to put a spread out, run boat that far at night, current, trolling speeds, literally what you guys taught at seminars I put into action. Very cool!......Jeff R.
Yea I got your emails with your reports - Love them!!!.........Dan M.
- I honestly just love this Service and being out here - thank you........Jeff R.
- Not going to lie the coaching thing was the best money I've ever spent on fishing.....Rob P.
- Thanks again for yesterday. Your were dead on about weather!......Jeff R.
- Thank you for the great trip!!..........Henry D.
- Thanks again for the coaching. It was the first yellowfin on my boat, and my brother and unlce caught their first tuna. My brother had cancer last year so it was really nice for him to get a fish. Great memories made!.....Jim T.
- 8/9 up to 100#...Thanks for the intel - Great Day!.....Jamie W.
- Rough trip home! Chris on RL2 is a class act. Saw us getting beat up with the North winds coming home. Pulled in front of us to smooth the seas. Then slowed to let us follow....Lee H.
- Thanks Adam for the Intel and direction as always. My daughters first and only day out with us this year as she returns to dental school next week.... Gregory T.
- Extremely proud of these teenaged two boys. Did it all by themselves. Gorgeous Bluefin. They put the time in and it paid off. Thanks Capt. Adam for your advice.... Marty G.
- Another successful trip...........Thank you Adam and Deane for helping us get better!........Mark B.
- Adam steered me to the Wilmington based on some late info. Never was there before so he gave me some good tips on how to fish it just like the Washington (thanks Adam). We ended up getting the vets their first tuna (they teamed up on it ).....Gene A.
- Best day so far. 6 yellow fin. Lost one. Adam was a great help......Anthony S.
- So terrible but great trip all at the same time. We used the debris in the water as an excuse to spend some time at the dock in Montauk verse running non stop. Shot up from Norwalk,CT Saturday afternoon and spend the night up there. Left the dock at 430 am and headed 10 miles east of Veatch. We knew we would be getting there most likely in the mid day lull so we set up a spread and decided to cover some ground reading the temperature breaks. Around 430 we got are first knockdowns around the life. Went 3 for 4. Set lines back out and looked down at one of the transmission pressure guages bouncing around. Found a pin hole in one of the transmission lines. Knowing that at 300 plus pressure it was only a matter of time before we would have a bigger leak. Slit a piece of hose around the pipe and hose clamped the shit out of it. At that point we started limping home and kept starting the down motor evey 30 minuites to keep the seals from overheating. The patch kept the leak slow enough that we lost less than a quart on the whole ride back. On the 16 plus hour ride back we left the gear out the whole way and went 6 for 9 on yellows. On top of all that in the middle of the night steaming back we had a mako breach and almost land on the bow of the boat. With all that happened still turned out to be a good trip. Many thanks to Adam. Was very comforting to have someone on land in contant contact and for assisting in every way he could.....Mike V.
- To catch my first Bigeye on my first offshore trip on my new boat was one hell of an experience. Many thanks to Adam, the CR crew and all of you for sharing such great info. Thrilled to be part of this group. Let’s go!....Jeff W.
- Thank you for everything........Vinny F.
- Just want to thank you for the Intel yesterday. It really paid off. Had to do a lot of running but listening to your strategy call that's what it sounds like you got to do out there right now. All good had a rough ride home but was well worth it. Thanks again Adam and your team. And that's fishing hard!!!..Larry A.
- Thank you for all of your support. I learned so much from your program.....George W.
- Was a good day out..Appreciate the support as always!!........Jon R.
- 100% Appreciate you putting us in the right starting point as always!.....Jesse H.
- Thanks to Deane and Adam for the tips. We are now in the ranks of tuna fisherman after months trying.......David B.
- I swear every time you send me GPS numbers we hook up almost immediately.......Dylan F.
- Without your help and the guys on the Canyon Runner it would have been a really bad day.......Steve L.